This mash is perfect for babies from ages 7-9 months and is a great way of introducing your baby to start getting used to food textures.
Potatoes are one of the first foods that can be introduced to babies as they are easily digestible and contain a high amount of starch which gives them the energy to be active. Beans containfiber. They are also a great source of protein, iron, manganese, folate and zink which are good for the baby, as well as the whole family.
The vitamins and minerals in potatoes are not high, so combining it with beans makes a more nutritious meal for baby. Always ensure you cook your beans until it is very soft in order to make it easy for the bay to digest.
- ½ cup cooked beans (you can use peeled beansto make it more digestible and possibly reduce gas)
- 1 small potato (cut into small cubes)
- ¼ small onions (minced or chopped thinly)
- 2 tsp crayfish
- 1 tsp ground fish
- 1 tbspof Famili Quality palm oil
- Small piece of sardine (optional)
- Water for cooking
- Put cooked beans in a pot with the diced potato, onions and half cup of water to cook.
- Add water in bits if necessary until potatoes are soft. Drain the little water that may be left and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a small pot and once hot, add the ground crayfish and ground fish. Stir to combine and cook for less than a minute until fragrant.
- Mash the beans, potatoes, and sardine with a fork. Stir into the palm oil sauce and combine well.
- Add the drained water that was kept aside to get the consistency you want for your child and serve.
Get more baby recipes, purees and mash. Get more food combination ideas on our Facebook and Instagram. Don’t forget to like and follow us too as you get there.