There is so much more to onions than their regular use as spices in food. You can use them to make spicy, crunchy, onion rings. Our Famili Onion Rings recipe is easy to make and tastes even better than the one you get in restaurants. Don’t believe us?
- 2 Large Yellow Onions
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- Nosak Famili Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Slice your onions horizontally thin slices.
- Carefully separate the rings and set the centers (small rings and bits) aside for another use.
- In a bowl, combine your flour, baking soda, salt, pepper, sugar, and garlic powder.
- Prepare the batter by mixing the eggs and milk with a whisk in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Set breadcrumbs into another bowl or plate and set aside.
- Dip the rings into the egg batter and let the excess drip off and then place into the flour. Coat thoroughly with flour and shake off excess and return to the batter.
- Again, coat with batter and then remove and let excess drip off and coat with breadcrumbs. Be sure to coat the inside of the rings as well.
- Shake off excess breadcrumbs and dip again into the batter and then add another coat of breadcrumbs.
- Set on a wire rack to dry for 20-30 minutes before frying.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the onion rings in batches and when golden brown, remove to a paper towel to drain completely.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!