No one can resist the buttery, rich taste of shortbread biscuits. This biscuit is so delicious and yet surprisingly easy and cheap to make. You can enjoy it as a snack or as breakfast with your favourite beverage. We will be showing you this easy recipe for homemade Shortbread biscuits which will have you wondering why you haven’t made it sooner.
- 150g All-purpose Flour
- 80g Rice flour – Optional (for texture)
- 100g Butter (salted)
- 50g Icing Sugar (or finely ground granulated sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 190(0)C/375(0)F.
- Mix the butter and icing sugar until smooth.
- Sift in the all-purpose flour (or rice flour if you are using it) into a bowl and mix thoroughly until well incorporated.
- Then, place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out into 1/2 inch thickness, then set gently in your baking tray, smoothing the surface.
- Cut into 2cm by 10cm bars, sprinkle with sugar (optional) and chill in a refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Then, using a fork or toothpick, make indents on the dough to give it that original Scottish shortbread look.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or till firm and pale-golden. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.