Hot, buttery, crunchy, sweet Popcorn is a great part of the movie theatre experience and is most likely the best part of it after the movie itself. Popcorn is a light snack with an enticing aroma that begs attention. You can now have that movie theatre experience right in your home without breaking the bank to get a popcorn machine since we’ll be showing you how to make stovetop popcorn. Nosak Famili homemade popcorn recipe is really easy to make and adds an extra milkiness to your buttery treat.
- 2 tablespoons Nosak Famili Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Popcorn Kernels
- 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) Butter, Melted
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar (or as desired)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract/Powder (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Milk (optional)
- 1/4 Tablespoon Salt (or as desired)
- Large Pot with tight, transparent lid (or with any tight lid)
- Heat the vegetable oil in the large pot.
- Don’t dump all the kernels at once but add about 3 kernels of popcorn and wait for them to pop. These will let you know when the oil is hot enough to add the remaining kernels.
- When the sample kernels pop, add the remaining popcorn kernels. They should cover the bottom of the pot in a single layer but not more (depending on the size of your pot) as the kernels swell considerably. Swirl the pot to coat the kernels in the oil.
- Cover the pot and lower the heat to medium, and shake the pan intermittently while the kernels pop. After about 3 minutes, when the popping slows significantly (1 to 2 seconds between pops), remove from the heat. Continue to shake the pot until the popping stops completely.
- Pour 1/2 of the melted butter over the popcorn, cover, and shake the pot to coat. Pour the remaining butter over the popcorn and sprinkle with the sugar, vanilla extract/powder, milk (optional) and salt. Cover again and shake till well incorporated.
- Serve hot.