There are few things that can beat the smell of freshly baked homemade Cinnamon Rolls. Cinnamon rolls are easy to make and they taste divine. You can eat these rolls for breakfast along with a cup of freshly brewed coffee. You take that and your day is made!
This recipe is easy and we included the milky glaze but you can skip this or use any other glaze/topping you desire.
- 1/4 Cup, Warm Water
- 1 Package Active Dry Yeast (2 Teaspoons)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 5 Cups All-purpose Flour, sifted
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Whole milk
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 2 Tablespoons Nosak Famili Vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs, Slightly Beaten
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
- 2-4 Tablespoons Milk
- 1½ Cup Powdered Sugar (Icing Sugar)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a small bowl, stir together water, sugar, and yeast. Allow mixture sit for a few minutes until it is puffy and foamy.
- Pour yeast mixture into a large bowl. Then add in 1/2 cup sugar, whole milk, melted butter, Nosak Famili vegetable oil, vanilla extract, salt, baking powder and eggs. Mix well until combined.
- Gradually mix in the flour a little at a time. Don’t allow the dough be stiff but slightly sticky yet it shouldn’t stick to your hands.
- Once dough is formed, place into a large, lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place the bowl in a warm place. Allow this sit for about an hour for the dough to rise.
- While you wait, get the filling ready. Mix melted butter, cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Then, turn risen dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough gently for a few minutes. With a rolling pin, roll out the dough till it is flat.
- Spread melted butter over the surface of the dough. Then sprinkle in the filling, spreading it over the buttered dough.
- From the longer edge, roll up the dough tightly then when done, place the roll seam-side down, and carefully slice the roll into 12 sections using a knife.
- Place the rolls carefully in a greased baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm location for about 30-45 minutes. This step is optional but required to make it really fluffy.
- Then place in a 350 degrees preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until lightly golden.
- While it cooks, prepare the glaze. Add melted butter, milk, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl, then mix till smooth and creamy.
- When the rolls are ready, take them out of the oven, allow cool for a few minutes then spread the glaze over the top.
- Your cinnamon rolls are ready!