Coconut jollof rice is another way of enjoying delicious Nigerian jollof rice in a unique way. Jollof rice is the official meal for Nigerian ceremonies. It’s very rare to attend any ceremony in Nigeria and Jollof rice is not available. Today, we want you all to step up your jollof rice game by adding some spice. You should be bored with taking only jollof rice. Change is the spice of life! Let’s prepare COCONUT JOLLOF RICE!
- 2 tbs of Nosak Famili Oil
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- Blended pepper
- Tomato paste (optional)
- 1 canned coconut milk
- Ready-made Chicken/Beef/Fish/Turkey
- 4 tbs of crayfish
- salt to taste
- 4 cubes of seasoning powder
- 3 cups of rice (parboil for 20 minutes)
- Prepare peppered sauce for the base with 2 tbs of Nosak Famili Oil, blended pepper, salt, one seasoning cube, and one tbs of crayfish.
- Place your pot on medium heat, heat up the coconut oil, add sliced onions and fry until translucent.
- Add base with seasoning powder, crayfish, salt, coconut milk, and 1 cup of water. Cover and allow to simmer on low-medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add parboiled rice and increase heat to high-medium. Boil rice for 10 minutes and reduce the heat to low-medium.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with carrots, green peas, onions, tomatoes, protein, etc.
Enjoy your delicious coconut jollof rice.