Coconut candy can also be called the Nigerian style Chancacas (Columbian coconut candy). It is one yummy goodness that brings back a lot of great childhood memories.
It is made with shredded coconuts and granulated sugar. This recipe is easy to make and highly addictive due to the high sugar content.
There are two ways to preparing coconut candy, one with water and one without water.
Nosak Famili Vegetable oil
- Grate the coconut and set it aside.
- Pour water into a pot on a medium heat, add sugar and let it boil.
- Heat until mixture starts to thicken.
- Add the grated coconut and mix thoroughly until well incorporated.
- Keep stirring till colour begins to get darker.
- Greece pot with small Nosak famili vegetable oil on a medium heat.
- Mix grated coconut with sugar.
- Pour mixture into the pot and continue to stir till it turns dark.
Your coconut candy is ready!