Are you looking for a sauce that tastes absolutely sumptuous and is very healthy? Then this recipe is just what you need. Nigerian Vegetable chicken sauce is easy to make and smells just as great as it tastes. We have used a variety of vegetables here but you can add any other ones you want. You can also decide to use whatever meat you want but either way, the vegetables are a must.
Let’s dive in:
- 6-8 Cut Pieces of Chicken
- 2-3 Cups of Chopped Mixed Vegetables (Carrots, Green beans, Red and Green Pepper and Cabbage, Scotch Bonnet, Spring Onions)
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Corn flour/ Corn Starch or Plain Flour
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Ginger
- 3 Chicken Cubes
- 1 Tablespoon of spices (Curry, Thyme)
- 1 Tablespoon Chicken Seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Nosak Famili Vegetable Oil
- Wash the chicken, place in a pot and add your chopped onions, curry, thyme, garlic, ginger, seasoning cubes and salt to taste. Cook for 30 minutes, check for seasoning and drain out the stock.
- Season the vegetables with a little salt, seasoning cube, garlic and curry powder. Leave to sit for about 30 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cooking spoon of your Nosak Famili vegetable oil, fry garlic and onions till fragrant and add your mixed vegetables. Fry for 3-4 minutes on low heat.
- Mix the corn flour/corn starch or plain flour with half a cup of water, mix till smooth.
- Add your fried vegetables and pour in the corn starch/flour mix intermittently to thicken the soup to your satisfaction.
- Then, add your chicken back in the soup, adjust taste if necessary and leave to simmer for 3 minutes and your soup is ready
- Serve with Boiled Rice, Pasta or Potatoes.