Scotch egg is a really tasty snack made up of hard or soft-boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat, coated in flour and breadcrumbs. It can be either deep fried or baked. However, we’ll show you both methods in this recipe.
- 6 medium size eggs, boiled
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 2-3 Cups of Breadcrumbs
- ½ kg of Sausage meat/Ground Chicken/Turkey/Bacon
- ½ Tablespoon of Salt
- ½ Tablespoon of Pepper
- ½ Tablespoon of Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Stalk Spring Onion, Finely chopped
- Nosak Famili Vegetable Oil
- 2 Seasoning Cubes
- Boil 6 eggs. When it’s cooked, peel and set aside.
- Mix the sausage/turkey with the salt, thyme, nutmeg, pepper, seasoning cubes, and finely chopped spring onions and set aside.
- Wrap each boiled egg with the sausage/turkey mix, covering the egg completely.
- Break 2 eggs into a plate, coat a boiled egg with the flour and dip in egg mixture to coat it all over.
- Then transfer coated egg into breadcrumbs.
- Repeat the procedure with all the eggs until and set them aside.
- Using a baking brush, brush Nosak Famili Vegetable Oil over the coated eggs and place on a baking tray. (Skip this step if you’re frying).
- Bake the coated eggs for 25-30 minutes or till golden brown.
- If you’re not baking, heat up your Nosak Famili Vegetable oil and deep fry the coated eggs till golden brown.