Lemon Yoghurt Cake is a French recipe that is perfect for the holidays and a quick walk in the kitchen. It’s a sweet and tart treat that is quite easy to make.
- 1½ Cups All-purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Plain Yoghurt or Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Grated Lemon Zest from 1 Medium-size Lemon
- ½ Cup Nosak Famili Vegetable Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175˚C). Spray a baking pan with baking spray (or rub with butter). Set aside.
- Zest the Lemon by grating the skin into a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar to the zest and use your fingers to mix both, to extract the flavour in the zest.
- Then add the yoghurt and stir. Pour in the vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract and mix all the ingredients until well incorporated.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients: add the flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing to combine.
- Pour in the wet ingredients, mixing together to form a smooth batter.
- Then transfer the batter to the sprayed baking pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the cake feels springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto the rack.