Are you a peanut butter lover or do you know anyone who loves peanut butter?
Do you also know that you can make your peanut butter in the comfort of your home in less than 15 minutes?
Well, here’s what you need to know and do.
Peanut butter also known as groundnut paste, is made from ground dry-roasted peanuts. Over the years, it has been enjoyed as a spread, used in recipes and other yummy snacks. Surprisingly, it is healthy because of its high protein and zero additives or preservatives
It is recommended to make your peanut butter personally because it is easier and healthier.
Peanut butter is enjoyed most with bread and in some parts of Nigeria, it is enjoyed with garden eggs.
Now let’s show you how to make peanut butter at home with just four ingredients.
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 500grams of roasted peanut
- 2 teaspoons of Nosak Famili vegetable oil
Note: If you want your peanut butter to be as natural as possible, you can use only peanut but some people like it sweeter and lighter hence the need for the other ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE
- Peel the roasted peanuts and pour into a blender to blend for about 1 minute.
- Turn off blender to scrape the surrounding of the blender neatly to ensure evenness.
- Allow it to blend again for about 2 minutes so that it can transition from a thick paste to a dough.
- After that, add the salt, sugar and Nosak Famili oil and let it process till it turns to a silky smooth shiny peanut butter.
- Scoop into a jar with a lid and store in a cool temperature for as long as possible.
It is amazing how simple and easy homemade peanut butter is and depending on how you want it, you can give it any kind of twist. Your peanut butter can be enjoyed with bread, garden egg, cookies etc.