Taco is a super spicy, delicious Mexican dish very similar to Shawarma. Tacos consist of a variety of fillings that make them such a delight to make. Our recipe guides you through the essentials of making a taco but it can be so much more.
Feel free to be creative with our ground beef tacos recipe. You can even give it a Nigerian twist for added measure.
- 300g Ground Beef
- 1 Tablespoon Nosak Famili Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Small Onion
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin/Curry Powder
- 2 Large Tomatoes (Diced)
- 2 Cups Lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Optional)
- 3/4 Cup Salsa (Optional)
- Salt To Taste
- Corn or Flour Tortilla Shells
- For the beef: In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the Nosak Famili Vegetable Oil and onions.
- Cook until onions start to soften, then add the ground beef. Break apart the beef and cook until it’s totally browned, then drain the fat.
- Stir in chili powder, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, cumin/curry powder, and tomato sauce. Reduce the heat to low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup hot water and stir.Allow to simmer for 15 minutes or till soft and water dries.
- To assemble tacos: Layer beef mixture, cheese, lettuce, and diced tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of salsa in each taco shell