Like the classic Fried Rice, this rice dish is a Chinese delicacy. It is made up mainly of rice, eggs, vegetables, and spices. Egg Fried Rice is very flexible and easy to make. It is a great meal to quickly and easily whip up with leftover white rice and ingredients.
- 5 Large Eggs
- 5 Cups White Rice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika or Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Large Onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric (or Curry Powder)
- 300g of Mixed Vegetables (Carrots, Peas, Spring Onions, Red/Green Bell Peppers)
- 1 Tablespoon Soy sauce (or Sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Chilli Sauce (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons Nosak Famili Vegetable Oil
- 2 Seasoning Cubes
- Salt to taste
- Wash and boil your rice with a little salt until it is well cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs in one bowl and set aside; this will be used to garnish the food (but you can skip this and mix all the eggs if you prefer not to garnish). Beat the other 3 eggs in another bowl, along with 2 tablespoons water, paprika, salt, and seasoning. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Pour the 2 beaten eggs (the one without the spices) and scramble them. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Then heat the pan over high heat and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the diced onion and mixed vegetables. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add the rice and stir-fry for 2 minutes, stirring the rice uniformly to break up any clumps.
- Then, pour the uncooked egg (the one with the spice mixture) over the rice, and stir-fry for about 1 minute, until all the rice grains are coated in egg. Sprinkle in vinegar if you want to get rid of the egg smell.
- Stir-fry continuously for another minute. Next add soy sauce, garlic, salt, seasoning and chili sauce over the rice and mix.
- If the rice looks a little dry, sprinkle in some water or chicken stock.
- Mix in the scrambled eggs to garnish.