Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of the easiest things to bake and they’re so delicious, especially if you’re a chocolate lover. You don’t have to wait till you can buy them because now you can make these delectable treats yourself in less than an hour. What better way to enjoy the weekend?
All the ingredients in the recipe are easy to find in stores in Nigeria. Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of those things you can eat anytime: for breakfast along with a cup of coffee or as a light snack.
Let’s get baking!
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Nosak Famili Vegetable Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 2½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Oats – for texture (optional)
- ½ Cup Crushed Dark Chocolate (Optional)
- 1 Package Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (2 cups)
- Preheat your oven to 350 or 375 degrees.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl and set aside.
- Mix in a large bowl Nosak Famili Vegetable Oil, white sugar and brown sugar until they form a smooth cream. Break the eggs into the bowl and mix in till smooth.
- Add the flour mixture, vanilla extract, oats and the chocolate chunks. Stir each ingredient until smooth. You can also add the chunks of dark chocolate to add the extra chewy texture and a richer chocolate taste.
- In a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper or greased with butter, scoop out 12 medium sized cookies with a tablespoon and roll them with your hands. You could also use an ice cream scoop if you have one. Leave enough space around each dough (about 2 inches on each side) because the cookie will spread out when it starts to bake. You can always refrigerate parts of the dough and keep for another time to bake.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes or until the rim of the cookie is a little brown. Do not overcook or let the cookie over brown.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!